16 March 2017

Double Salvation

Our bunkhouse is open to men seeking safe shelter.
    Last week, God was surely moving in big ways at the Garland Thompson Men’s Center!  He touched two men’s lives as I spoke with them, and two men accepted Christ the same day!
     The first salvation came as I was doing Case Management with a young man named Kent.  While we talked, I was able to share the Gospel with him.  He prayed and asked Christ to be his Savior.
     Just before that, Pat, our Director of Men’s Ministry, had just walked into the office for a quick hello.  I shared with him that Kent and I were discussing the Gospel, and then Pat left the office.  I'm sure that as Pat walked away, he sent up a quick prayer to God for my conversation.  How wonderful to do ministry together!
     Later that day, I had the privilege of leading another man to Christ.  Meeting with these guys in the Emergency Shelter is an awesome privilege.  They are needy and Christ is there to meet their need.  Please pray for these two men as they begin their new life in Christ.  And pray that the other men in our shelters would be open to hearing the Good News as well.

Greg Johnston
Case Manager/Intake Coordinator

No comments: