07 March 2017

Simple Act of Kindness

     I wanted to share a picture and a story that demonstrates how an act of kindness can really make someone’s day!
     A normal day for me consists of chasing three amazing and wild little girls to the car in the morning.  Last week, the snow and ice was heavy on my car one morning.  This day was also not the usual fun and crazy day.  My daughter's grandma had passed away a few days earlier, and my sweet seven-year-old girl’s emotions were all over the place as she grieved.  This made for a somewhat difficult start to the day.  At this point, I had gotten little to no sleep the last few days, was overly stressed and emotional, and seeing the snow outside my window was just too much.  I broke into tears.
    My coworker Mark had no idea of what was going on in my life that morning.  He did, however, let God lead him in this amazing act of kindness.  I walked out to my car to begin scraping, and Mark was already outside, scrapping off the ice and brushing off the snow.  He didn’t do this because he had to or because it’s a part of his job, but because God called him to do it!  He looked around at me and simply smiled and gave me a hug.
     This is the body of Christ in action!  A team member stepped out of his own schedule to help me out.  Because of Mark, on this very difficult morning, I didn’t have to stand in the cold or struggle to get my kids to sit in the car while I scrapped my car.
     This meant a lot to me and brings tears to my eyes when I think about it!  Thank you, Mark, for your kindness.  I am so grateful to be a part of a staff that feels like a family.

Jessica Coffey
Volunteer Program Coordinator

No comments: