12 April 2017

Celebrate Recovery



     I take a group of guys to Celebrate Recovery at Sojourn Church in Council Bluffs on Thursday evenings.  One of the guys who comes is named Caleb.  He has been in and out of Open Door Mission’s programs a couple of times, but his addiction still had a hold of him.  This time it seems different, though.
     Last Thursday we had a good meeting, and on the way back we were talking about assurance of salvation.  Caleb had a number of things he knew he needed to get right with people.  I shared he did not have to clean up his life before he can have assurance with God.
     “Come by faith, just as you are,” I said.
     I shared the Gospel with Caleb right there in my truck, and he prayed to accept Christ.  Hallelujah!

Greg Johnston
Health Care Case Manager

No comments: