03 July 2017

Don't Waste Precious Energy

     Sometime last month, I sat down to do my devotions, which can be admittedly difficult with my daily list of priorities.  The last month has been difficult for me, and I have much to catch up on, many extras at home right now, medical things, financial things, family things, AND trying to finish The Urban Ministry Institute course.
     Now, I'm not organized by any standards, but I know where everything I need is and have been challenging myself to make my office neater.  Anyway, I always make sure, even in the midst of this crazy mess, to take time with the Lord.
     This was the beginning of one of my devotionals that really stuck with me, so I wanted to share it.  I hope you enjoy it, and maybe even have your mind blown!
Jesus Calling: June 19
I am the firm foundation on which you can dance and sing and celebrate My Presence.  This is My high and holy calling for you; receive it as a precious gift.  Glorifying and enjoying Me is a higher priority than maintaining a tidy, structured life.  Give up your striving to keep everything under control--an impossible task and a waste of precious energy.
     My guidance for each of My children is unique.  That's why listening to Me is so vital for your well-being.  Let me prepare you for the day that awaits you and point you in the right direction.  I am with you continually, so don't be intimidated by fear.  Thought it stalks you, it cannot harm you, as long as you cling to My hand.  Keep your eyes on Me, enjoying Peace in My Presence.
     “A waste of precious energy.”  What a thought-provoking phrase – that God desires our company far more than He desires a clean desk and tidy home.  May you find time to meet with Him today, so that you do not waste the energy He has given you.

Teresa Leishman
Case Manager

No comments: