Along with our Mission helping to supplement our client’s income through the above services, the Timberlake Outreach Center Community Learning Center officially opened its doors this past month. The Learning Center will provides an opportunity for our community service clients to improve basic academic and employment skills. This will empower them to effectively attain employment that will improve their quality of life and prepare them for future academic pursues, and employment advancement.
We will also be providing life skills classes that will enrich their lives, and give them the tools to help improve their physical emotional and spiritual lives.
Some of the classes we have scheduled for the month of June are as follows:
- Job Skills Workshops: Completing the Job Application & Self Improvement, Creating a Resume that Works for You & Proper Interviewing Attire, Improving Your Interviewing Skills & Polishing Your New Look, Tapping the Hidden Job Market & Awards Ceremony Wednesday, June 6- 27, 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Parenting Basics "How to Really Love Your Child;" "Communicating With Your Child,"
- "Effective Discipline," Monday, June 18 – July 2, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Myers Thursday Starting June 7, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- OPPD Energy Workshop Wednesday, June 27, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
If you or someone you know are interested in attending one of these classes please call 402-422-1111 Ext 1510 to register or obtain additional information.